Continuing with the Iwata tributes, and with 4000 people attending his funeral, which is a legendary way to have a funeral, I wish I was there. Anyway, the Nintendo 3DS, I know I haven’t done a DS one yet but it will come when I’m ready. When I first saw this, everyone including me thought this was a joke, a 3D console where you DON’T need glasses, yeah right! We were very skeptical about this, this seemed impossible. But then Nintendo confirmed it and our jaws dropped, this was going to be the most revolutionary piece of technology EVER. So I went to HMV one day and some guy was letting people testing out the new console, this was my opportunity to see what the 3D technology has to offer and……it was ok. Yeah, it was…ok. You see, what I was expecting was fantastic graphics with 3D that would pop out and do cool stuff. Instead I got fantastic graphics and half the 3D I was expecting, you see, all the 3D happens in-screen and not out of the screen, but overall the 3D, for what the handheld can offer is pretty good, but it’s a gimmick and like a gimmick it got old really fast, i suddenly didn’t care for the 3D and mostly cared for the games, which were lacking at first, but after a while we got the goods and still getting more. And we have iterations of it like the 2DS, or as I like to call it, the Parent Approved 3DS and the New 3DS which adds a second analog pad…which is ten times smaller than the first one.
10. Mario Kart 7 – So how about we start with one of the least liked games in the series since Double Dash, it gives us paragliders and the ability to race underwater, I mean Mario Kart DS was a much more beloved game than this one, and that one was very basic, I love the game though. I may need to check it out just to see how it is.
9. Fire Emblem: Awakening – I’ve never played any of the Fire Emblem games, I played a demo of this game when it was first released and I loved what I played. It’s nice of Nintendo to give the ability to have same sex relationships for the next game Fates. I finally get the chance to play as a male character, having a relationship with another man, it’s something I’ve wanted to see.
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf – My second or third review I made was Animal Crossing: Wild World and it was addictive like crack, my only medicine was my sister…because it was her game. So at least I have experience with the series in one way or another to play this, oh dear, I haven’t reviewed the first one, I usually review the first game then the next one and so on…oh well, I’ll do it with Saints Row.
7. Luigi’s Mansion 2: Dark Moon – It was The Year of Luigi and Luigi finally gets another game. A sequel to a cult hit, Dark Moon takes Luigi on another spooky scary adventure with ghosts and stuff.
6. Project X Zone – So it’s a super ultra Japanese video game crossover that finally came overseas because it’s the bloody 21st Century. So it’s a strategy game like Fire Emblem where you battle against different characters from different game companies like Capcom, Namco and Sega. I guess the game sold well enough we’re getting a sequel. Horray!
5. Tomodachi Life – Ah, the game that denied us same sex relationships, the reason why we’re getting same sex relationships in Fire Emblem Fates, it took us one game to do that. Anyway, I played the demo and I loved it, but the only reason why I want this game is…making lyrics for your Mii so auto-sing…oh the inappropiate stuff I can add in.
4. Ultimate NES Remix – So I’ve already played both of the NES Remix games on the Wii U but it’s just something to play on my travels…though I don’t really travel anywhere…I don’t have many friends…I’m going to go to the corner now.
3. The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds – I love A Link to the Past, and now we got a new game in the Zelda series with the gameplay and asthetics of the original, I really want to find this game, mostly for a cheap price.
2. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time & Majora’s Mask 3D – Zelda again, but here are the N64 classics, but I want to play these games on the N64 and if I can get those games, I’ll review those versions, but if I only get the 3DS games, then I’ll review those games, it doesn’t matter.
1. Resident Evil Revelations – I ran out of ideas, it looks like a good game but there is a console port too. Comment on what port was better, the original 3DS port or the console port.