WARNING: May contain a rant!
11. Castlevania Chronicles – Don’t worry, the other one will be on the list, but it’s Castlevania and Castlevania is HARD and it likes it that way, this is the first game, only it’s not the NES port but a Sharp X68000, a computer from Japan. You get that plus an Arranged Mode for new players. Prices go from £70, got to whip some candles to get that amount.
10. Strider 2 – And I mean the REAL Strider 2, not that god awful Mega Drive sequel, I loved the first Strider game and according to critics and gameplay it does justice to the first game, and it looks challenging, but it has unlimited continues, remember, you’re not supposed to use them. Prices go from £80, and somehow the bad version is much cheaper, that says something.
9. The Tombi Games – A wacky RPG-type platform games where you battle pigs, and it’s one of the most expensive games to buy now. Time to go treasure hunting because these games go from £90-£100 and more.
8. Vib Ribbon – So there is an odd rhythm game in which you have to use physical music CDs to make levels, great, except I don’t have my own music CDs since I don’t listen to music young people listen to, because I don’t like them but I do like video game music so that will work I guess. Then again the young generation wouldn’t know what a music CD is so more copies for the retro gamers, but it has been released for new Sony consoles so downloaded music could work. Prices go from £36.
7. The Oddworld Games – Funny enough I did play a demo of this and I wasn’t so good at it but I was a child who didn’t play good games but this looks like a great game with a dark story with puzzling levels. Now for a bedtime story, went to a charity shop and found the sequel, I went home and was sad to discover that only Disc 2 was included and I couldn’t play the second disc until I played through the first disc, which I didn’t have so I got a refund, one day I’ll get one with 2 discs. Prices go from £5-£10
6. Medievil – I played this on my PSP ages ago, it was good but I don’t remember my progress, I think it was beating the first level and I don’t know what happened afterwards, I should have kept it. So this is about a dead man defeating an evil wizard in ye old gothic horror tale for kids. Prices go from £15 and less.
5. Silent Hill – This looks like a different take on Resident Evil, supposedly more creepier, I’ve never played a Silent Hill game (although I own the sequel) and I hope the first one introduces me to the series (yes I watched the movie and it sucks). Prices go from £15.
4. Klonoa: Door to Phantomile – Some say it’s hard to find but I never give up, but I digress, this 2.5D game looks very fun to play, I don’t know about challenge but it’s always the good games of the PlayStation that are hard to find. Prices go from £40…darn it.
3. Metal Gear Solid – THIS GAME…why haven’t I got it yet, for years I’ve been trying to find it but when I did at a charity shop years ago, but I didn’t get it because I didn’t have a PS1 at the time, it’s that Everybody Hates Chris moment isn’t it. This is a stealth game that made history and made Solid Snake a household name. It’s an important stealth game that I really need to check out. Prices go from £8-£10.
2. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night – Out of all the games in the world, the one game that catches my attention every time I see the game play is this game, this looks like Super Metroid but with horror and gothic elements instead of sci-fi stuff. Considered to be one of the best games for the series and the PlayStation, if I had this I wouldn’t need to play any other game…okay I’m lying, but it would be a glorious pick up. While I have completed the first game in the main series, I’m trying to beat the other games, it feels right for some reason. Prices go from the crudloads…OK, £100-£150…OH COME ON!
1. The Final Fantasy Games – And I mean all of them released on the PlayStation, especially Final Fantasy 7. But why do I want to play these games? BECAUSE IT’S FINAL BLOODY FANTASY, it’s the most important RPG series ever to come out next to The Mother Series (What?) I wanted to start my RPG experience with the Final Fantasy games, though I started with Mother but I don’t regret it. Prices go from £15 and beyond, it’s a series of games that are well worth the…
NO, SCREW THIS, I’M TIRED OF THIS EBAY NONSENSE. BECAUSE OF THIS WEBSITE, MANY SELLERS WILL HAPPILY SELL GAMES FOR HUNDREDS TO THOUSANDS OF POUNDS. EVEN THE MOST COMMON GAMES LIKE THE ZELDA GAMES FOR THE NINTENDO 64 SELL ABOUT £20, WHY? BECAUSE IT’S ZELDA. YOU KNOW WHAT, IN 15 YEARS TIME, THE PLAYSTATION 3, XBOX 360 AND THE WII WILL BE CONSIDERED RETRO, PS2, XBOX AND GAMECUBE WILL BE ATARI BY THE TIME OF THE FUTURE, THE REALLY GOOD GAMES WILL BE EXPENSIVE WHILE THE SAME OLD GAMES LIKE CALL OF DUTY WILL BE CHEAP AS CHIPS. SORRY ABOUT THIS RANT BUT I HATE THE FACT THAT I CAN’T ENJOY SOME GOOD GAMES BECAUSE THEY’RE FAR TOO EXPENSIVE, THOUGH THANKS TO VIRTUAL CONSOLE AND XBOX LIVE ARCADE THE RE-RELEASES OF RETRO GAMES ARE GOOD, BUT GAMES LIKE SNATCHER HAVEN’T ALONG WITH MANY OTHERS AND IT’S NOT FAIR. I WISH THIS WOULD STOP BUT I DOUBT IT. SORRY THIS HAD TO END ON A RANT BUT WE’VE ALL BEEN THERE. OH CAR BOOT SALE, OH CHARITY SHOPS AND NEIGHBOURS, MAY THE DEALS BE GREAT.